Director of Product Design & User Experience
July 2014 - January 2016
PayWithMyBank is an online payments platform enabling merchants to accept ACH payments through online banking.
- Design the user interface and user flows for our core product.
- Lead conversion driven experiments and testing to optimize results for PayPal, Western Union and Facebook, doubling the conversion rate for key payment flows.
- Design and conduct user testing sessions.
- Create high fidelity prototypes for new features and potential client integrations.
August 2012 - Present
Founded with the co-founder of adBrite, CrowdCampaign's mission is to use online advertising as a platform to engage and amplify political voice for the average citizen.
- Create wireframes, user work-flows, UI prototypes, and final visual designs.
- Create product specification documents for engineering.
- Create web frontend using Rails and Backbone.
- Hire and manage sales and engineering team.
- Conduct user testing for both the product idea, and for the effectiveness of the interface.
June 2006 - June 2012
A Sequoia Capital-backed company, adBrite was the largest independent ad exchange platform, serving at its peak over 1 billion ad impressions daily across 120,000 websites using advanced targeting technologies and a self-service interface across multiple ad formats.
- Create wireframes, user work-flows, UI prototypes, and final visual designs for all adBrite's advertiser and publisher web UI.
- Create and manage the UX department with up to four designers.
- Responsible for the frontend code from the PHP to the JS.
- Conduct user interview and usability studies.
August 2005 - June 2006
- Talk to and understand the needs of our biggest publishers.
- Revamp our product line to create new advertising products like inline ads and full page ads.
July 2004 - Present
Shadow Government is a media group created to design and set up popular alternative reality games such as:
StreetWars - Conceptualize and organize an international watergun assassination tournament, as covered by CNN, frontpage of the LA Times, BBC, Channel4 (UK), the Guardian, Maxim magazine, and more.
Rental Car Rally - Part of the design team that created the game rules, and built the online tools to run the wild event that is like halloween on wheels event.
Past event sponsors includes The Bourne Ultimatum, Salt (starring Angelina Jolie) and Flip Cam.
Jurock New Media, Vancouver, BC
October 1997 - July 2005
Spear head the launch of Telus's myBC.com Real Estate portal.
Work closely with BC Hydro to conceptualize and design an effective prototype for a document retrieval website for their engineers. Led usability interviews to create a tailored interface for their specific needs.
October 1995 - May 1997
Create daily editorial graphics
Design subsections of this massive community based portal
Work closely with the rest of the design and production staff to meet the demanding deadlines of a web publication
Skills and tools
- Rapid development with Rails + Angular + Heroku
- Rapid prototyping with Axure
- Test driven backend development with Rspec
- jQuery, Backbone
- SASS, LESS
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch
- Functional knowledge of MySQL and PostgreSQL.
Queens College, New York City, NY
B.A. in Mathematics
1993 - 1997